Riley and Sidney are having a difficult time too. Riley is constantly talking about me and the cancer and Sidney is in denial. After building the snowman on Sunday and then (finally) finishing the platform swing a few hours later, she said "You don't look like you have cancer. You just played outside and finished the swing, so how can you?" It was a well thought out argument and was humorous at the time. However, after 4 more days she is sticking with it. She's praying that I won't go to the hospital. Riley's prayer is that I don't get cancer twice. Well -- isn't that great? One is praying that it will cure itself and I don't go to the hospital. The other is praying that if I have it now then at least don't get it again.
Shelly had a hard time yesterday as well, but I leave it up to her to share her thoughts.
Here's some specific things to pray for:
- That I can do a decent job at work during this waiting period before surgery.
- That I recover quickly since I have just enough vacation/sick time built up to see me through the typical recovery period.
- That I don't get cancer twice (for Riley).
- For the right things to say to comfort the girls.
- For Shelly's continued strength.
- That it isn't any worse than what they think.
If you took the time to read this far then I love you. If not then I like you but you'll not know it.